Wednesday 13th May
- M/O (See MO starter attached below)
- Login to Learning by Questions: Multiply Proper Fractions by Whole Numbers https://www.lbq.org/Login Connect as pupil code: jwd (This will be added at 9am and will work till 9pm on this date.
- Spelling-select words from the Y5/6 spelling list
Pupils choose the strategy that works best for them and learn their words:
• Pyramid words
• Trace, copy and replicate
• Look, say, cover, write, check
• Drawing around the word to show the shape
• Drawing an image around the word
• Words without vowels
• Any other methods that work
- Read about three inventions which were discovered by accident
(found attached below)
- Once you have read this, watch this clip about another invention which was discovered by accident
– the potato chips
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rqNxtyZAOhA (watch from the start up until 2:30 mins)
- Imagine you are to write about the discovery of potato chips in a similar style to the article you read at the start of this session.
- Write your version of the discovery of potato chips using the same format as this article, such as: selecting your main title, using the sub-headings ‘The ‘Oops’ Moment’ and ‘The Details’ with a short description and finally a sub-title for the discovery and a short explanation.
- Remember to read back through your work to check for spelling and punctuation.
- Login to Learning by Questions: retrieval https://www.lbq.org/Login Connect as pupil code: jwd (This will be added at 9am and will work till 9pm on this date)
Choose an activity from the General Tasks Grid