Wednesday 20th May
- M/O (See MO starter attached below)
- Login to Learning by Questions: 2D and 3D shape https://www.lbq.org/Login Connect as pupil code: qbj This will be added at 9am and will work till 9pm on this date.
- Watch this clip of passengers boarding the ship, taken from the 1997 film Titanic:
(Note: Although the film has a 12 certificate, this clip is age appropriate).
- Watch again – pausing at key points as you watch, and jot down words or phrases
for the things you can see and hear in the clip, such as:
cars arriving, crowds of people, third-class passengers having a health inspection and the ship’s horn.
- Now go back and improve your words and phrases for example,
‘cars arriving’ may become ‘luxurious cars arrived on the dock’ and
‘crowds of people’ may become ‘the crowds of people were like a swarm of ants’.
- You may want to use www.wordhippo.com to improve your vocabulary
- Once you have improved your sentences, have a go at writing this scene in
- Imagine this scene is for a new opening of a story about Titanic. Write the
opening to the story retelling this scene. Don’t forget to include the words
and phrases you have written.
- You can select whether your opening is written in first person,
‘As I arrived, I saw Titanic for this first time’ or third person
‘As Character name (you choose your character) arrived, she/he saw Titanic
for the first time.’
- Make sure you continue to proof-read your work as you write, checking for spelling and punctuation.
Login to Learning by Questions: Oliver Twist https://www.lbq.org/Login Connect as pupil code: qbj (This will be added at 9am and will work till 9pm on this date
Choose an activity from the General Tasks Grid