Tuesday 21st April
80 x 50 =
600 + 800 =
356 ÷8 =
54 + 35 =
8,436 + 1,387 =
- Login to Learning by Questions: reading and interpreting data https://www.lbq.org/Login Connect as pupil code: tdt (This will be added at 9am and will work till 9pm on this date)
English and Guided Reading
- Spelling-Look again at the Y5/6 spelling list choose 10 words you are unsure of spelling-write them onto small bits of paper or post its. For each word use a thesaurus (this could be online) and find a synonym (another word with the same meaning). Then play a memory game-can you match the word with synonym?
- Read, watch and listen to the Greek myth ‘Theseus and the Minotaur’.
- Go back to the text (Read link above) and use WordHippo https://www.wordhippo.com/ to investigate any words which you are unsure of.
- Write synonyms of these words and a definition.
- Re-write the story using a maximum of 500 words. Every word counts so make sure you use exciting vocabulary and a range of sentences to excite and interest your reader.
On the grid general tasks grid below please complete a challenge for Mrs Reeve (Reception Peer Mentor Letter) and the Stephen Lawrence Remembrance day challenges (if possible first) before other tasks