Thursday 7th May
- M/O (See MO starter attached below)
- Go to www.mymaths.co.uk and login at the top of the page with the school's username and password. On the next page your child should enter their personal username and password in the My Portal box.
- Complete Task-Adding and subtracting fractions
- Grammar-complete the other half of the grammar sheet attached that you started yesterday-Video on the resource centre
- Read and enjoy Chapter 5 of the story, The Secret Methods. http://bigben-club.com/wp-content/uploads/Danny_the_Champion_of_the_World_-_Roald_Dahl.pdf
- Imagine you have been asked to design a poster to feature in a new hunting magazine. The poster is to advertise ways to poach pheasants. Create a poster explaining the two methods Danny’s Dad describes for how to catch a pheasant, ‘The Horse-hair Stopper’ and ‘The Sticky Hat’. Make your poster attractive by including images, an exciting title and words and phrases from the text. If you are feeling really creative, you could also include an additional method to poaching pheasants which you have invented!
Enjoy reading a book of your choice to someone else-think about your expression, the punctuation etc.
Choose an activity from the General Tasks Grid