Hello, Mercury Class!
It’s the end of the week! Thank you for your hard work. Make sure you ask for your Friday wages!
Please see, below, our remote learning tasks for today.
Year 4/Year 3/Table 2
- Watch and enjoy this clip about Trees: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5I7u5FMQxHA Discuss what you know about trees now.
- Read this information about trees together: https://www.ducksters.com/science/trees.php (Note: text may contain some American spellings). Discuss what else you have found out together.
- Now create a fact file/poster about the importance of trees, e.g. Trees are useful because… They give us … Trees also provide … We need to plant more trees so …
- Using the information found out, make a quiz for your family! See this quiz here for ideas: https://www.ducksters.com/science/quiz/trees_questions.php (Note: text may contain some American spellings). Consider the following: Are you going to provide choices for your answers? (multiple choice) Are you going to use true/false questions? Hold the quiz with family members in your household or via an online video platform. It could be a weekend quiz!
This week we are working on Multiplication, Division and Geometry on MyMaths. Remember to work carefully through the slides on each lesson, first, then have a go at all the practise questions, before attempting the tasks.
The tasks for Thursday and Friday are set on your log in.
Please let me know of any problems and we’ll try and sort them! Please don’t worry and just do your best.
REMINDER: To log on you need to do the following:
- Visit https://login.mymaths.co.uk/login
- Enter the school username salesbury and password cosine87
- Once logged in there is a box on the right where you will enter your own personal user name and password (as seen on the email attachment which your parents received).
- You will then see the lessons that you need to log into.
- Complete the online lesson first and work through each slide.
- Once complete, then work through the online homework task.
Thursday and Friday
Other activities you may choose to do today, could be: