Hello, Mercury Class!
It’s the end of the week! Thank you for your hard work. Make sure you ask for your Friday wages!
Have you had a go at the Sports Day activities?
Please see, below, our remote learning tasks for today.
Enjoy today’s Story Time at: https://salesbury.primarysite.media/playlist/mercury-class and on facebook at 9am.
Year 4/Year 3
- My Inspiration Book. Today I would like you to take all the information that you have researched this week and present it in a book of inspiration. You can present your book in any way you like.
- You may choose to make a ‘squash book.’ If so, use this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TmQWqkBdj6c (Keep pausing the video to make it easier for you to follow. If you can, ask an adult to help you. Instead of using double sided sticky tape you can use glue) Once you have made it, write your facts into the different triangular and square sections inside. Include information you have read about this week - some of the inspirational women you read about on Monday, Martin Luther King, Greta Thunberg, Captain Tom, Marcus Rashford and the person/people who inspire you. You can add some pictures/drawings too.
- Think again about ‘The Jolly Postman Or Other People’s Letters.’ Consider other characters which could also have featured in the story, e.g. the Big Bad Wolf saying sorry to the Three Little Pigs, the Gingerbread Man saying sorry for stealing everybody's food or the Troll apologising to the Three Billy Goats Gruff for scaring them.
- Write a new page for the book as if you were apologising for what you had done, e.g. the Big Bad Wolf saying sorry to the Three Little Pigs, the Gingerbread Man saying sorry for stealing everybody’s food or the Troll apologising to the Three Billy Goats Gruff for scaring them.
- Check capital letters for the start of the sentences and for names of people and places. Also check for full stops at the end of sentences. Try to include the words ‘and’ and ‘but’ in some sentences.
Y4: Place negative numbers on a line. Order positive and negative numbers.
Y3: Understand angles as an amount of turn and right angles as quarter turns.
Table 2: Estimate and measure capacity using cups.
Please work through the activity document files – either by looking at the screen and writing the answers down or by printing off the sheets. Follow the instructions carefully and make sure you look through the sheets before you begin, so you can find the answers, extra support materials and the different levels of task - Mild (easier) and Hot (harder). There may also be activities to work with somebody else on. If there is a PowerPoint Presentation, then watch this first, listening to the teaching at the same time. All the answers are provided.
Other Activities for the Week
- Temperature: Ask an adult for a thermometer and measure the temperature outside at the same time each day. Do this for 5 days. Draw a graph with the x and y axis, as we do in class. Label the axes suitably eg. ‘Days of the Week’ and give the graph a suitable title. Work with an adult to judge how high the ‘y’ axis needs to be, as in the highest temperature recorded and then plot the temperatures with an ‘x’ each day, or use a bar chart, as we have done in class - make sure the width of the bars are the same for all days! Try reading through the PowerPoint Presentation below if you need a bit of help.
- Bird survey: Carry out a bird survey in your garden or within the local area over a day/week. Keep a tally chart of the types of birds you see, then create a graph to present your results. You can then produce questions to match your graph. Again, try reading through the PowerPoint Presentation below if you need a bit of help.
- Complete the Times Tables Bonanza worksheet, below.
- Spend time working on the Times Tables websites listed on the Class Web Page and then work through the tests you need to do, also listen on this page to me reading questions out. Have a go at Times Tables Rockstars!
- Sing a song a day at https://www.outoftheark.co.uk/ootam-at-home-weekly/. Select Week 8 and then the correct day of the week eg. Monday is Coordination Funk and Tuesday is Make a Difference.
- Have a go at today’s PE Activity from Lancashire School Games: https://lancashireschoolgames.co.uk/year-3-6-spar-lancashire-school-games-activity-timetable/