Hello, Mercury Class!
It’s the end of the week. Thank you for your hard work. Make sure you ask for your Friday wages!
Please see, below, our remote learning tasks for today.
Enjoy the FINAL chapter of Charlotte’s Web at: https://salesbury.primarysite.media/playlist/mercury-class and on facebook at 9am
- What is your favourite chocolate bar? Do you have more than one favourite? If you could create your dream chocolate bar what would it be like? What would be in it? What would it be called?
- On a sheet, design your own chocolate bar and wrapper.
- Think about: What flavour will it be? Will it be hard or soft? Will it have anything in it? (raisins, popping candy, nougat, apricots, biscuit, etc.) What colours will you use in the wrapper? What is the name of your bar?
- Draw and label your bar and wrapper.
- When chocolate bars are advertised, they often have a slogan. A slogan is a short and striking or memorable phrase. Watch these adverts, listen out for the slogans:
Mars Bar: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AE9zAummq7Q
Dairy Milk: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XcLzF1bMng8
- Create a slogan for your bar. Watch this for some inspiration: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uSkXompwX0g Is your slogan catchy? Is your slogan memorable? Have you used any alliteration?
- Upload your work onto facebook, or send it to me! I look forward to seeing your chocolatey ideas!
We continue with our statistics work on MyMaths.
REMINDER: To log on you need to do the following:
- Visit https://login.mymaths.co.uk/login
- Enter the school username salesbury and password cosine87
- Once logged in there is a box on the right where you will enter your own personal user name and password (as seen on the email attachment which your parents received).
- You will then see the lessons that you need to log into.
- Complete the online lesson first and work through each slide.
- Once complete, then work through the online homework task.
I have set about 10 tasks for you to complete throughout the week. This will allow you to work at your own speed. As this is the first time using this website, there may be technical issues and some tasks may be too easy/hard for you. Please let me know of any problems and we’ll try and sort them! Please don’t worry and just do your best.
Other activities you may choose to do today, could be: