Our Intent for Languages
Language learning is a skill that is vital for the world we live in. It enables us to communicate with others, which helps to break down barriers and brings communities together.
At Salesbury, we aim to ignite curiosity, create a lifelong passion in language learning and develop a growth mindset, that there is no limit to what they can achieve in languages in the future.
- Make progress across the four core strands in French: Reading, Writing, Speaking and Listening.
- Understand and respond to spoken and written languages.
- Speak with increasing confidence, fluency, and spontaneity, finding ways of communicating what they want to say, continually improving the accuracy of their pronunciation and intonation.
- Write at increasing length and accuracy, for different purposes and audience, using the grammatical structures that they have been taught.
- Pupils will learn about France and celebrate festivals held in France each year.