Good morning, Mercury, and welcome back!
I hope you have enjoyed Easter and are looking forward to accessing our new Remote Learning activities.
Please see, below, our remote learning tasks for today.
I am in school for the next couple of days, so please note I may not be able to respond quickly to emails. Thankyou!
Enjoy the latest chapter of Charlotte’s Web at: https://salesbury.primarysite.media/playlist/mercury-class and on facebook at 9am
- Read and enjoy the following chapters from The Twits by Roald Dahl: Hairy Faces, Mr Twit, Dirty Beards, Mrs Twit (This could be by your parent reading the text to you or by reading a paragraph, or page, to each other).
- Look at the vocabulary in these chapters.
- Find exciting words and new words from the text and write them down e.g. tufts, matted, wise etc.
- Discuss meanings of these words together.
- Look up some of the new words you have found in a dictionary or by using Word Hippo https://www.wordhippo.com/
- Look in a thesaurus or Word Hippo to find synonyms and write these as a word bank.
- Write the new words you have found in a sentence.
- Create and write ten sentences. Check spelling and punctuation in each sentence together.
Please look at the vocabulary below, work out what they mean and try and put each word into a sentence.
Complete the scales worksheet and check your answers.
Please watch this video https://whiterosemaths.com/homelearning/year-1/ (Week 3 Lesson 1) and then complete the questions below.
Other activities you may choose to do today, could be:
- Print out the letterhead below and write a welcome letter to children starting at our Nursery (T-Rex) in September. Write a ‘Hello!’ at the start and sign off with your own name. You may wish to include: how welcome they will feel; how good our nursery/school is; what fun activities they will be doing; out of school activities they might do; what the staff are like and how you look forward to seeing them. Please write on the paper and then scan and email it to me. Keep it really, really neat!
- Try this online Geography activity which will support our work on compass directions: https://www.mathsisfun.com/games/direction-nsew-.html
- Complete the French task below, on Days of the Week.
- Computing: Enjoy coding at https://www.codeforlife.education/rapidrouter/