Good morning, Mercury!
I hope you enjoyed the weekend and are looking forward to accessing our latest Remote Learning activities, this week! We begin our new focus for the next four weeks, entitled:
All Creatures Great and Small!
Please see, below, our remote learning tasks for today.
Enjoy today’s Anansi Story Time at: https://salesbury.primarysite.media/playlist/mercury-class and on facebook at 9am.
Learn and revise your spellings for the test on Thursday (as seen on the Class Web Page at https://www.salesbury.lancs.sch.uk/mercury-year-3-4/): happily, easily, sleepily, greedily, clumsily, angrily, crazily, steadily, gloomily.
Mrs Murphy’s group continue with your words from the HFW List below.
Year 4/Year 3/Table 2
- As the start of our ‘All Creatures Great and Small’ focus, the next two week’s English work is all about the spiders and the famous Anansi.
- Today I would like you to find out about the spider Anansi. Use books or the internet to discover where they originated, where the word ‘Anansi’ comes from and anything else you can.
- Create a small poster showing what you have learnt.
This week we are working on Multiplication and Division on MyMaths. Remember to work carefully through the slides on each lesson, first, then have a go at all the practise questions, before attempting the tasks.
The tasks for today are:
Year 3 and Year 4: Multiplying by 10 and 100 and 3/4/6 Times Tables
Table 2: Multiplication
Please let me know of any problems and we’ll try and sort them! Please don’t worry and just do your best.
REMINDER: To log on you need to do the following:
- Visit https://login.mymaths.co.uk/login
- Enter the school username salesbury and password cosine87
- Once logged in there is a box on the right where you will enter your own personal user name and password (as seen on the email attachment which your parents received).
- You will then see the lessons that you need to log into.
- Complete the online lesson first and work through each slide.
- Once complete, then work through the online homework task.
Monday to Wednesday
Other activities you may choose to do today, could be:
- Science: Living things and their habitats. Watch https://www.bbc.co.uk/bitesize/clips/zg7w2hv and talk through the life cycle of a spider with an adult, using correct science vocabulary. Create diagrams to assist your explanations. What can you find out about spiders? Do some research and present what you have learned in any way you like. Create a diagram to explain the life cycle of a spider. Make sure your explanations are really clear. Think carefully about the words you need to use.
- Geography: Draw a map of the world or use the template below. Colour the land green and the waters blue. Add on the names of the continents. Add the names of two seas/oceans. Add the name of somewhere you have visited or would like to visit. Can you learn the names of the continents? This song may help you https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K6DSMZ8b3L