Good morning, Mercury!
I hope you have had a good weekend and are looking forward to accessing our latest Remote Learning activities.
Please see, below, our remote learning tasks for today.
PLEASE complete a Nursery welcome letter today or tomorrow, if you haven't already!
I am in school today, so please note I may not be able to respond quickly to emails.
Enjoy the latest chapter of Charlotte’s Web at: https://salesbury.primarysite.media/playlist/mercury-class and on facebook at 9am
Learn and revise your spellings for the test on Thursday (as seen on the Class Web Page at https://www.salesbury.lancs.sch.uk/mercury-year-3-4/): promise; quarter; question; recent; regular; reign; remember; sentence; separate. Mrs Murphy’s group continue with your words from the HFW List below.
- Read the poem Michael Rosen Chocolate Cake here: https://www.poemhunter.com/poem/chocolate-cake/
- Now watch Michael Rosen perform the poem at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7BxQLITdOOc
- Which do you prefer? Why?
- Michael uses onomatopoeia in his poem. Onomatopoeia is when a word imitates the sound of the object or action it refers to, e.g. guzzle. Can you find some examples of onomatopoeia in the poem? Can you think of an action you might put with that word?
- Learn to recite the poem putting your own actions and noises to it.
- Learn a section at a time and slowly build it up until you can recite as much as you can!
- Perform the poem to people in your house and feel free to upload to our facebook group.
This week we are going to be working on statistics. We are going to begin using a new website called My Maths. Your log in details were sent to your parents yesterday. My Maths allows you to work through a series of slides and practise tasks. Then there is a homework task to complete. I can see who has logged on and how you are getting on (just like the LbQ site).
To log on you need to do the following:
- Visit https://login.mymaths.co.uk/login
- Enter the school username salesbury and password cosine87
- Once logged in there is a box on the right where you will enter your own personal user name and password (as seen on the email attachment which your parents received).
- You will then see the lessons that you need to log into.
- Complete the online lesson first and work through each slide.
- Once complete, then work through the online homework task.
I have set about 10 tasks for you to complete throughout the week. This will allow you to work at your own speed. If you complete all tasks before Friday, I may set further work for you or you can spend the time learning your Times Tables or completing the daily tasks in other subjects. As this is the first time using this website, there may be technical issues and some tasks may be too easy/hard for you. Please let me know of any problems and we’ll try and sort them! Please don’t worry and just do your best.
Other activities you may choose to do today, could be:
- Try the Geography activity below, which will support our work on compass directions.
- Music: Sing ‘Clap Hands! Stamp Feet!’ (Week 2 – Monday) at https://www.outoftheark.co.uk/ootam-at-home/?utm_source=homepage&utm_campaign=ootamathome2&utm_medium=banner
- Complete the French task below, on Months of the Year.
- Print out the letterhead below and write a welcome letter to children starting at our Nursery (T-Rex) in September. Write a ‘Hello!’ at the start and sign off with your own name. You may wish to include: how welcome they will feel; how good our nursery/school is; what fun activities they will be doing; out of school activities they might do; what the staff are like and how you look forward to seeing them. Please write on the paper and then scan and email it to me. Keep it really, really neat!