Good morning, Topaz Class!
I hope you were all able to have a good weekend.
We have got some super work lined up for this week, which I hope you will really enjoy!
Please see, below, our learning tasks for today. For more accessible tasks for some children, try the Table 2 activities.
- Think back to all our learning about Papa Panov and Mother Teresa, last week.
- Consider all the things that they did for others and list them.
- Now think about what YOU can do for others, this Christmas time, both this few days in self-isolation and when we are allowed out again! Again, draft a list.
- Now look at the ideas you have and try to order them into a List Poem, each line beginning with a verb ending in ‘-ing’
Tidying my room,
Helping to wash up,
Picking up litter, etc
- Give it the title ‘Where Love is, God is,’ use your very best handwriting and decorate with suitable illustrations and a fab border. Please share with the Facebook Group or email to me!
Today, I would like you to spend 45 minutes on the MyMaths tasks I have set for you. Today's work covers Number and Place Value. If you have not completed Thursday/Friday's work, see if you can fit them in, also.
Please also try to access Times Tables RockStars and develop your skills. For children who have not yet passed their 2/5/10s, I have adapted your tasks to focus on these. If your parents can also read out the tables for you (with 3 second break each question) they can test your learning. Next week, we will resume listening tests in class.
In addition, you may wish to try the Maths questions below.
Monday to Thursday
Other activities you may choose to do today, could be:
- Art: Have a go at carefully copying the repeating patterns on the document below. Then try and produce your own version of a repeating pattern and – if possible – try to repeat the same pattern on a computer. This is a similar task to the one we did in Computing earlier, this term.
- French: Practise your Numbers to 20 and Colours by using the documents below. Learn the words, practise saying them (with a French accent) then test yourself.
- Science 1: Research the Water Cycle. Use these videos:
The Water Cycle | Educational Video for Kids - YouTube
Water Cycle : The 3 phases Explained : Water Cycle Animation for Kids - YouTube
And have a look at these pages:
What is evaporation and condensation? - BBC Bitesize
What is the water cycle? - BBC Bitesize
… and then show what you have learnt, in the form of a poster or information leaflet. Make sure you use the vocabulary eg. condensation, evaporation, water cycle. You could try drawing round a puddle with chalk, then repeat each couple of hours to see what happens – and explain why?
- Science 2: Find out about what happens when you heat or cool objects eg. water, chocolate. Have a look at these resources:
What are freezing and melting? - BBC Bitesize
Could you plan an investigation and find out (with adult supervision)? Baking is always fun to do, with this learning! Record your findings, making sure you include the correct scientific vocabulary eg. heat, cool, temperature, thermometer, freezing, melting.