Good afternoon, children!
Today’s science initially takes us back to our first lesson on Light Sources and our primary Light Source: The Sun.
The sun is so important to us for so many reasons, but we must always be careful to respect it.
- Please watch the video in the Video Resource Centre (Topaz) 25th Jan Science, then follow the instructions, as explained:
- Produce a sun safety poster, giving at least 5 pieces of advice to keep safe AND giving the reasons why each piece of advice is important.
- Research and present your learning (as a poster, PowerPoint, video etc) as to why Thomas Edison and Humphry Davy are so important in our work on light. You might find out:
- When and where they were born?
- How long they lived for?
- Where were they from?
- What was their most important contribution to our use of light?
- How did their inventions make things better for people?
- How have these men been remembered?
Remember to send your work to your teacher!