Hello, Mercury Class!
I hope you are enjoying our tasks, this week!
Please see, below, our remote learning tasks for today.
Enjoy today’s Poetry Time at: https://salesbury.primarysite.media/playlist/mercury-class and on facebook at 9am.
There is no Spelling Test, this week.
Year 4 (optional for Year 3):
Re-read Chapter 2.
- Imagine that you are Agatha. Write a diary entry from the day when she tells the Yetis that they must stay safely hidden.
- Think about: What happened that day? How did Lady Agatha feel and why did she feel like that? What was Lady Agatha concerned about?
- Tips for writing a diary:
- Write in first person (you are Agatha).
- Write events that have happened that day in chronological (time) order.
- Include how you (Agatha) are feeling about the things that have happened and about what you (Agatha) think might happen if the yetis don’t stay hidden.
- Try to include some of the new words that you have explored this week.
- Read your work through and check for spelling and punctuation.
Table 2 (optional for Year 3):
Read together the opening extract from Horrid Henry Robs the Bank from the Tricky Tricks Collection
- Discuss the game Gotcha that Horrid Henry and Moody Margaret are playing. Does Gotcha remind you of any board games you like to play? What are the similarities or differences? It sounds like Henry likes to cheat! Do any of your family members cheat when playing board games?!
- Whilst we have been in lockdown and socially distancing, you may have been playing some board games with your family. Use the opportunity to dig out some old favourites and play again! Talk about your favourites and why.
- Do you have a board game that you think Henry would like to play?
- Your challenge is to introduce Henry to a board game and write a review. You would need to include:
- name of the game
- number of players
- a basic summary of how to play
- why the game is one of your favourites and why you think Henry would like it
- a star rating
We are working on time on MyMaths. Remember to work carefully through the slides on each lesson and have a go at the practice questions.
I have set tasks for you to complete throughout the week. Don’t worry if you don’t get through them all. Please let me know of any problems and we’ll try and sort them! Please don’t worry and just do your best. Please see Monday’s plans for logging in details.
Other activities you may choose to do today, could be: