Hello, Mercury Class!
I hope you are enjoying our tasks, this week!
Please see, below, our remote learning tasks for today.
Enjoy today’s Story Time at: https://salesbury.primarysite.media/playlist/mercury-class and on facebook at 9am.
Test yourself on your spellings for the test (as seen on the Class Web Page at https://www.salesbury.lancs.sch.uk/mercury-year-3-4/): furious, mountainous, poisonous, various, courageous, spacious, envious, conspicuous, dangerous.
Mrs Murphy’s group test yourself with your words you learnt from the HFW List below.
Year 4/Year 3/Table 2
- Watch and enjoy the story of The Very Hungry Caterpillar by Eric Carle. You may remember reading this! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=75NQK-Sm1YY
- Watch, listen and write down what the caterpillar ate.
- Discuss the question – Is the caterpillar eating a balanced diet? Think about what you have learned about a balanced diet, yesterday.
- Write an improved, healthier menu for the hungry caterpillar for a day with breakfast, lunch and tea or for a week as it appears in the story.
- Write your new menu using days of the week.
- Remember to use a capital letter for each day of the week!
- Use describing words (adjectives) for the food which you choose each day, e.g.
- Monday - Succulent sausages and poached eggs with tomato sauce
- Tuesday - Grapefruit segments and a glass of ice-cold milk
- Wednesday - Granary toast with sliced cheese and tomatoes on top
- Thursday - Chicken kebabs with peppers and onions. Don’t forget garlic sauce!
- Remember to use capital letters for days of the week and check all spelling on your menu.
This week we are going to be working on Place Value on MyMaths. Remember to work carefully through the slides on each lesson, first, then have a go at all the practise questions, before attempting the tasks.
The tasks for the whole week are all up now, to allow you to choose when to complete each set. Please let me know of any problems and we’ll try and sort them! Please don’t worry and just do your best. Please see Tuesday’s plans for logging in details.
Other activities you may choose to do today, could be:
- Music: Sing ‘The Doubling Song’ (Week 7 – Thursday) at https://www.outoftheark.co.uk/ootam-at-home-weekly/
- Geography/Science: Research and find out about Greta Thunberg. Create a fact file about who she is, the impact she has had on people and climate, the message she is trying to share and what she hopes for the future.