Hello, Mercury Class!
I hope you are enjoying our tasks, this week! We are off school tomorrow, so I will check in with you again on Monday.
Please see, below, our remote learning tasks for today.
Enjoy today’s Poetry Time from Please Mrs Butler at: https://salesbury.primarysite.media/playlist/mercury-class and on facebook at 9am
Ask an adult to give you your Spelling Test (as seen on the Class Web Page at https://www.salesbury.lancs.sch.uk/mercury-year-3-4/): special; straight; strange; strength; suppose; surprise; therefore; though; although. Mrs Murphy’s group use your words taken from the HFW List.
Read together and/or listen on YouTube to Chapter Four - The Museum Thieves
Both links below:
Flat Stanley to read:
Flat Stanley – version on YouTube (from 13:50 – 23:59mins):
- After reading this chapter, discuss what happened together. Start to think about creating a newsflash script for Flat Stanley and the museum chapter.
- See below a newsflash example from Sesame Street to help with ideas as to how to create a newsflash: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uWE3uF9u9-g
- Use these sentence starters to help write your newsflash:
- Good morning and welcome to….
- Today we have some breaking news about…
- Flat Stanley is a hero because…
- He helped the museum owner by…
- Flat Stanley is here now to explain what happened…
- Interview Flat Stanley
- Thank you very much for helping the police.
- That’s all for now… etc.
- Write, perform and record your own newsflash.
As we have no school tomorrow, due to VE Day, there are only 4 days to cover this 5 day unit. If you’d like to continue with Flat Stanley today or over the weekend, then feel free! Here is the Friday plan:
Read together and/or listen on YouTube to Chapter Five - Arthur’s Good Idea
Both links below:
Flat Stanley to read: https://kingauthor.co/books/Jeff%20Brown/Flat%20Stanley/Flat%20Stanley%20-%20Jeff%20Brown.pdf
Flat Stanley – version on YouTube (from 24:00 – 30:28mins): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PVsiFx9ZyFo
- After reading this chapter, discuss how Arthur helped Stanley. Write instructions for how to help Stanley get back to himself.
- Use these sentence starters to help:
- First of all…
- After that…
- Don’t forget to…
- If it hasn’t worked then try…
- Remember to…
- Check all sentences for spelling and punctuation together.
- Now discuss and consider other ideas to help Stanley return to himself if he becomes flat again!
- Write some more instructions just in case!
We continue with our fractions work on MyMaths. See Monday’s notes for logging in and expectation details.
Other activities you may choose to do today, could be: