Good morning, Mercury!
I hope you are well and getting back in the routine of our class work.
Please see, below, our remote learning tasks for today.
I am in school today, so please note I may not be able to respond quickly to emails.
Enjoy the latest chapter of Charlotte’s Web at: https://salesbury.primarysite.media/playlist/mercury-class and on facebook at 9am
- Re-read the chapters together about Mr Twit and Dirty Beards
- Print it out if you can, so you can use a highlighter pen.
- Highlight all the information you read about Mr Twit.
- Now create a fact file, poster or Top Trumps card about Mr Twit using the information you have read.
- Check spelling and punctuation in each sentence with a parent.
You’ll need: Username: student17843/ Password: salesbury
Copy and paste links into address bar if direct links don’t work
Watch the following VIDEO: Below Zero – Negative Numbers in Temperature: https://central.espresso.co.uk/espresso/primary_uk/subject/module/video/item316097/grade2/module316055/index.html
If the links work, have a go at the 3 negative number activities at this link (Flash needs enabling): https://central.espresso.co.uk/espresso/primary_uk/subject/module/activity_index/item316055/grade2/index.html
Complete the Football Negative Number Worksheet below
Please watch this video https://whiterosemaths.com/homelearning/year-1/ (Week 3 Lesson 2) and then complete the questions below.
Other activities you may choose to do today, could be:
- Music: Sing ‘Together’ (Week 1 – Tuesday) at https://www.outoftheark.co.uk/ootam-at-home/?utm_source=homepage&utm_campaign=ootamathome2&utm_medium=banner
- RE: Our focus this half-term is entitled ‘Are all churches the same?’ Research and learn what the following words mean- church, chapel, cathedral, sacrament, vicar, curate, priest, minister. Then use the internet to find pictures of places of worship for different religions and the write some similarities and differences between them.
- Print out the letterhead below and write a welcome letter to children starting at our Nursery (T-Rex) in September. Write a ‘Hello!’ at the start and sign off with your own name. You may wish to include: how welcome they will feel; how good our nursery/school is; what fun activities they will be doing; out of school activities they might do; what the staff are like and how you look forward to seeing them. Please write on the paper and then scan and email it to me. Keep it really, really neat!