Good morning, Mercury!
How’s it going? I hope you are all well and working hard!
Please see, below, our remote learning tasks for today.
Year 4/Year 3/Table 2
- Hopefully you found out a lot about Anansi, yesterday. They have been told for centuries by parents and grandparents to children eager to hear of his mischievous ways. It is believed these stories originated in Ghana, Africa and are part of the long oral tradition of the Ashanti people. The word Anansi is a word from the Akan (also known as Twi and Fante) language, which simple means ‘spider.’
This week we are working on Multiplication and Division on MyMaths. Remember to work carefully through the slides on each lesson, first, then have a go at all the practise questions, before attempting the tasks.
The tasks for today are:
Year 3 and Year 4: Dividing by 10 and 100 and 6 Times Tables
Table 2: Division
Please let me know of any problems and we’ll try and sort them! Please don’t worry and just do your best.
REMINDER: To log on you need to do the following:
- Visit https://login.mymaths.co.uk/login
- Enter the school username salesbury and password cosine87
- Once logged in there is a box on the right where you will enter your own personal user name and password (as seen on the email attachment which your parents received).
- You will then see the lessons that you need to log into.
- Complete the online lesson first and work through each slide.
- Once complete, then work through the online homework task.
Monday to Wednesday
Other activities you may choose to do today, could be:
- Science: Living things and their habitats. Watch https://www.bbc.co.uk/bitesize/clips/zg7w2hv and talk through the life cycle of a spider with an adult, using correct science vocabulary. Create diagrams to assist your explanations. What can you find out about spiders? Do some research and present what you have learned in any way you like. Create a diagram to explain the life cycle of a spider. Make sure your explanations are really clear. Think carefully about the words you need to use.
- Geography: Draw a map of the world. Colour the land green and the waters blue. Add on the names of the continents. Add the names of two seas/oceans. Add the name of somewhere you have visited or would like to visit. Can you learn the names of the continents? This song may help you https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K6DSMZ8b3L