Good morning, Mercury!
I hope you enjoyed the half-term and are looking forward to accessing our latest Remote Learning activities, this week!
Please see, below, our remote learning tasks for today.
I am in school today, so please note I may not be able to respond quickly to emails.
Enjoy today’s Story Time at: https://salesbury.primarysite.media/playlist/mercury-class and on facebook at 9am.
Learn and revise your spellings for the test on Thursday (as seen on the Class Web Page at https://www.salesbury.lancs.sch.uk/mercury-year-3-4/): furious, mountainous, poisonous, various, courageous, spacious, envious, conspicuous, dangerous.
Mrs Murphy’s group continue with your words from the HFW List below.
Year 4/Year 3/Table 2
Focus Theme: Be Healthy and Happy! This week we will look at the types of foods we need to eat to stay healthy through listening to songs and reading information, designing a menu and even creating our own active shake up activity!
- Watch and enjoy this song: Keeping Healthy song at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yN1Bc1oFO68
- Discuss what you have learned after watching and enjoying the song.
- Now look at this website: NHS – Eat Well Guide at https://www.nhs.uk/live-well/eat-well/the-eatwell-guide/ - adult support may be needed to read, navigate and discuss the content of this website.
- After this, create, draw and label your own Eat Well plate. Organise your plate into sections for: carbohydrates, protein, dairy foods, fruit and vegetables.
- You could present this by drawing on a paper plate or making your own plate out of paper/cardboard.
- Display it in your kitchen for everyone in your family to see.
- Next time you eat your dinner, can you identify all the foods on your plate and to which food group they each belong?
This week we are going to be working on Place Value on MyMaths. Remember to work carefully through the slides on each lesson, first, then have a go at all the practise questions, before attempting the tasks.
The tasks for the whole week are all up now, to allow you to choose when to complete each set. Please let me know of any problems and we’ll try and sort them! Please don’t worry and just do your best.
REMINDER: To log on you need to do the following:
- Visit https://login.mymaths.co.uk/login
- Enter the school username salesbury and password cosine87
- Once logged in there is a box on the right where you will enter your own personal user name and password (as seen on the email attachment which your parents received).
- You will then see the lessons that you need to log into.
- Complete the online lesson first and work through each slide.
- Once complete, then work through the online homework task.
Other activities you may choose to do today, could be: