Hello, Mercury Class,
I hope you are all well!
Please see, below, our remote learning tasks for today.
Year 4/Year 3/Table 2
- Read and enjoy this poem out loud with an adult: The Dentist and the Crocodile by Roald Dahl at https://www.poetryfoundation.org/poems/89695/the-dentist-and-the-crocodile
- Read the poem again out loud. Improve how you read it using an excitable voice where needed (expression).
- Spot new and interesting words (write them down) and discuss what they mean, e.g. require, repair, quivered, quaked, fearsome, molars, weeping, despair, and any other new words you find. Also, use a dictionary or https://www.wordhippo.com/ to find meanings.
- Look up the new words found in the poem to find synonyms (words that mean the same) by using a thesaurus or Word Hippo: https://www.wordhippo.com/
- Write these down. This will help to practise spelling some new words and extend vocabulary.
- Discuss your favourite parts of the poem.
- Write a poem review using these ideas:
- I like this poem because…
- My favourite words in the poem are…
- I would recommend this poem because…
- Out of 10 stars, I would give this poem… because…
- Check spelling and punctuation in each sentence together.
- You could also read the poem out loud, film it, and send to a family member/friend.
- Then share your poem review and ask for their opinion too!
Year 4: Puzzles!
Year 3: Puzzles!
Table 2: Puzzles!
Please work through the activity document files – either by looking at the screen and writing the answers down or by printing off the sheets. Follow the instructions carefully and make sure you look through the sheets before you begin, so you can find the answers, extra support materials and the different levels of task - Mild (easier) and Hot (harder). There may also be activities to work with somebody else on. If there is a PowerPoint Presentation, then watch this first, listening to the teaching at the same time. All the answers are provided.
Monday to Wednesday
Other activities you may choose to do today, could be: