Hello, Mercury Class!
I hope you are all well – and enjoying the poetry videos!
Please see, below, our remote learning tasks for today.
Enjoy today’s Poetry Time at: https://salesbury.primarysite.media/playlist/mercury-class and on facebook at 9am.
Year 4 (optional for Year 3):
Read Chapter 2 together
- Discuss any new/interesting vocabulary that you encounter. Use a dictionary/thesaurus/https://www.wordhippo.com/ to find the meanings and some synonyms.
- Draw a picture of all of the Yetis and name them. What do you think they all might look like? Think about size and any characteristics that you can gather from the text, e.g. Yetis have snubnoses.
- Annotate your picture using words from the text to i) describe their appearance and ii) describe their personalities.
Table 2 (optional for Year 3):
- Return to the theme of Henry’s birthday party from yesterday.
- Talk to somebody about about how a birthday party takes a lot of preparation and planning! Today, you are going to help Henry’s family with the planning and make some lists.
- Re-watch the animated version here, up to 3:36 mins: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rL8g_KNzHVs
- Imagine you are Henry’s Mum. Write a list of all the party food Mum would like to buy. Continue to add more items than those mentioned in the clip.
- Now imagine that you are Henry. Write a list of all the party food that Henry would like to buy. Add some more items to this list too! Remember to use commas to separate all the items on your list!
- Later on, (5:10 mins) Dad says, ‘I know lots of good games.’ Make a list of all the party games that could be played at Henry’s party. Talk about how Henry might spoil each one.
- Watch to the end of the story.
- Imagine you are either Henry or Henry’s Mum. Write some sentences listing all the reasons why you think Henry should or shouldn’t have a birthday party next year.
- Check all sentences for spelling and punctuation together.
We are working on time on MyMaths. Remember to work carefully through the slides on each lesson and have a go at the practice questions.
I have set tasks for you to complete throughout the week. Don’t worry if you don’t get through them all. Please let me know of any problems and we’ll try and sort them! Please don’t worry and just do your best. Please see Monday’s plans for logging in details.
Other activities you may choose to do today, could be: