Just three days left of Online Learning. Let’s have a great effort and make the most of it!
Please see, below, our learning tasks for today. For more accessible tasks for some children, try the Table 2 activities.
- Think again about the Papa Panov’s Special Day story and the 3 visitors.
- If needed, you could watch again at: Bedtime Stories - Papa Panov's Special Christmas - Take 10🎄 - YouTube
- Could you think about other types of visitors who might need looking after at Christmas?
- Today, I would now like you to plan to re-tell the story, but substitute in your own three visitors, different from the original story.
- Use a Story Map to include details of the new visitors.
- Note down some super description of the visitors and the scene outside. Use your senses: What can you see, hear, smell, feel etc?
- Tomorrow I will be asking you to write your story, so make the most of your time today to get ready for this!
Today, I would like you to spend 45 minutes on the MyMaths tasks I have set for you. They are on Multiplication and Division
Please also try to access Times Tables RockStars and develop your skills. For children who have not yet passed their 2/5/10s, I have adapted your tasks to focus on these. If your parents can also read out the tables for you (with 3 second break each question) they can test your learning. Next week, we will resume listening tests in class.
In addition, you may wish to try the Maths questions below (today and tomorrow).
Monday to Thursday
Other activities you may choose to do today, could be:
- Art: Have a go at carefully copying the repeating patterns on the document below. Then try and produce your own version of a repeating pattern and – if possible – try to repeat the same pattern on a computer. This is a similar task to the one we did in Computing earlier, this term.
- French: Practise your numbers to 20 and Colours by using the documents below. Learn the words, practise saying them (with a French accent) then test yourself.
- Science 1: Research the Water Cycle. Use these videos:
The Water Cycle | Educational Video for Kids - YouTube
Water Cycle : The 3 phases Explained : Water Cycle Animation for Kids - YouTube
And have a look at these pages:
What is evaporation and condensation? - BBC Bitesize
What is the water cycle? - BBC Bitesize
… and then show what you have learnt, in the form of a poster or information leaflet. Make sure you use the vocabulary eg. condensation, evaporation, water cycle. You could try drawing round a puddle with chalk, then repeat each couple of hours to see what happens – and explain why?
- Science 2: Find out about what happens when you heat or cool objects eg. water, chocolate. Have a look at these resources:
What are freezing and melting? - BBC Bitesize
Could you plan an investigation and find out (with adult supervision)? Baking is always fun to do, with this learning! Record your findings, making sure you include the correct scientific vocabulary eg. heat, cool, temperature, thermometer, freezing, melting.